The mission of EMNR is to recognize, encourage, and strengthen responsible ministry to new religious movements.
That mission includes the following purposes and aims:
- Missions. Facilitate mission to new religious movements through networking and the stimulation and formulation of mission strategy to new religions as frontier mission to unreached people groups.
- Accountability. Maintain worthy theological, ethical and missiological standards among members.
- Scholarship. Stimulate the scholarly and popular production of research and writing on neglected aspects of strategies, methods and materials important to reaching these unreached people groups.
- Recognition. Recognize the qualified and credentialed ministries reaching the unreached in the new religions and cults.
- Networking. Encourage mutual understanding and cooperation among evangelical Christian agencies and individuals, as well as secular organizations where appropriate.
- Referrals. Recommend to the public, churches and schools those agencies and materials which meet quality standards and may help as a protective to involvement with a non-Christian or pseudo-Christian religious movement.